Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship
Congratulations to the winners of this year’s Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarships!
In 2019, forty-one scholarships were provided from the proceeds of the auction and the “Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship Matching Sponsorship.”
Over 315 young people have received Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarships in the past decade, to attend the college of their choice. Deserving youth are selected based on their leadership and achievement in youth livestock programs, as well as their involvement in the local community. The scholarship program is funded through proceeds from the annual Minnesota Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction, and through a new “Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship Matching Sponsorship” opportunity.
2019 Scholarship Winners — $4,000 Scholarship
$4,000 scholarships were awarded to:
- Samuel Bobendrier, Pipestone County
- Martha Moenning, Mower County
- Hannah Neil, Dakota County
2019 Scholarship Winners — $2,000 Scholarship
$2,000 scholarships were awarded to:
- Regan Carlson, Swift County
- Jay Dicke, Goodhue County
- Sean Doyle, Faribault County
- Kelsey Erf, Washington County
- Ryan Hansen, Freeborn County
- Anica Herrera, Carver County
- Isabelle Lindahl, Chisago County
- Thomas Netzke, Redwood County
- Noah Netzke, Redwood County
- Gigi Otten, Freeborn County
- Cal Schultz, Rice County
- Cara Teigum, Watonwan County
- Tar Tut, Rice County
- Jacob Welch, Fillmore County
- Mikayla Wetzel, Rice County
2019 Scholarship Winners — $1,000 Scholarship
$1,000 scholarships were awarded to:
- Kyle Stranberg, Chippewa County
- Matthew Strobel, Waseca County
- Emily Benrud, Goodhue County
- Sydney Eickhoff, Fillmore County
- Ashley Wagner, Jackson County
- Molly Carnell, Brown County
- Lauren Arthur, Steele County
- Justin Thomforde, Goodhue County
- David Hassing, Faribault County
- Maia Irvin, Mower County
- Brock Erickson, Mower County
- Elizabeth Krienke, McLeod County
- Leah Heffley, Mille Lacs County
- Hannah Kruse, Rock County
- Colton Ivers, Mower County
- Lucas Pierson, Watonwon County
- Faith Sayles, Mower County
- Carissa Kleinwort, Dodge County
- Taylor Jerde, Dakota County
- Kyerra Carter, Pope County
- Gentrie Vatthauer, Traverse County
- Tyson Meidl, Redwood County
- Brittany Erickson, Mower County
Apply For The Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship
If you are interested in applying for a 2020 Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship, please complete the application below.
Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship Guidelines
- Applicant must be an undergraduate working toward a post-secondary degree at an accredited college or university.
- Applicant must have completed high school by 2020 or earlier and be attending college for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Applicant must be a bona fide Minnesota 4-H member during the year of application.
- Applicant must include a photo of himself/herself with the application.
- Applicant may receive an auction scholarship once; previous recipients are ineligible.
- The 4-H Auction Committee plans to award scholarships for 2020. Please submit your application based on the August 1 deadline. Because much of the revenue used for scholarships is generated from the auction and without knowing if there will be an auction this year, we don’t know how many scholarships we’ll be able to award.
- Recipients of the scholarships will be notified prior to September 1, 2020.
- Scholarships must be claimed by December 1, 2020.
- Application must be received by 4:30 p.m. on August 1, 2020.
Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship History
Use the links below to view past sponsors, and past winners, of the Purple Ribbon Livestock Auction Scholarship.